This is a long time family recipe. So what I learned making this cold soup is don’t snack on it or sample it until it’s had time to sit in the fridge for several hours. It was way too vinegary when I sampled it, but after the flavors had a chance to blend, it was much better. Cool and refreshing on a hot summer day.
6 to 8 small servings
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized onion, finely minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 cup tomato juice or V8
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, stir ingredients together.
Chill soup until icy cold (several hours or overnight).