This was an in-class writing experiment from last night. We had ten minutes (!) to write a “fable” from multiple viewpoints. This is what came out of my pen.
- The end of the road is only the beginning of the journey. After we stepped into the trees, the adventure began in earnest.
- “Dear, why are we going into the woods? Please, I’d like to just turn around and go back home.”
- “They’re coming, Sir. The snares are ready. We await your signal.”
The Evil Overlord:
- My eyes see all. The footsteps of the unwary lead them to my abode where time ceases, dreams commence, and nothing is as it appears.
- My Master is smiling. I will get treats tonight! Maybe even a bone or two.
- In my line of work, you must always carry a tape measure. Everyone you meet will eventually be your customer.
The Fortune Teller:
- “The cards are not in your favor this night. The travelers will escape and your plans will be thwarted.”
- “Mommy, why are you and Daddy home so late? Did you take the long way through the woods again?”